Powered By Blogger

Share This

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Pick up the Phone. Communicate.

Or at least return the call! Communicate! Either someone really wants to talk to you,tell you something, get something from you but just do it. Or send an email. Or send a frigging text. Write a blog. Ping me. Put something on my Facebook wall. Jeez, there's no excuse when communicating is what we overdo so much now.

I'm thinking about this both on a personal and professional level. My own husband doesn't pick up the phone until it's convenient (probably he's afraid of hearing me nag). My son doesn't ever has his phone on. I, on the other hand, lose my phone, put down the volume too low and don't hear it, don't know how to use it or am always on another call. But, I always call back, text or email. If you don't hear from me, I'm usually pissed off at someone or something or tired of someone or something. Then, there's work - this is the ticker. How do people run businesses? How effective are they if they are not communicating?

Mind you, I work in an office by myself. I have the discretion and leisure to do calls whenever I please. I can send emails or text. There is nothing holding me back. I have a computer, phone, desk phone, etc etc. My choices to answer some mode of communication are optimum. Half of the world is online now or online via their phone. You at least expect an answer quickly from people who are dependent on these methods and have easy access. Even those that are not have their own cell phone and call.

This makes me the worst Type A personality since I live off all of the above between my phone, computer and Internet, I can survive. I hit send and receive on my email constantly, I refresh my pages and I am checking my phone constantly. While Blackberry got coined the crackberry and I used to be hooked on that. My Iphone has become my crackphone literally. My husband hates it. I am on it constantly hitting refresh. I even check it when I'm half asleep in the night to see if there is something pressing at 2:16am. 

So, this is point. If you work with some people on a project, why can't you communicate? Why is it that I have to be the one to reach out and see what the status is on something. Hello? You have a Blackberry! Hello, you have an Iphone!! Jeez. Every week it's the same old story. Just COMMUNICATE. I'm sitting here waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment